THEME: “Let Us Sow Seeds By Being INFORMED, INVOLVED AND INVESTED!”
Welcome to the Fort Lauderdale Garden Club.
Thank you for stopping by our website – I’m glad you did!!
Fort Lauderdale Garden Club, Inc. is an organization committed to:
* Stimulating the love of gardening in our members and in our community
* Encouraging the study of plant life and the cultivation and growing of flowers, trees, and shrubs
* Providing a forum for our members to exhibit and share their horticulture knowledge and skill
* Mentoring young gardeners and instilling in them the love of gardening and appreciation for the
* Studying and teaching the art of floral design
* Promoting the beautification of Florida highways and other public areas
* Fostering good stewardship and the conservation of natural resources
* Supporting the aims and objectives of National Garden Clubs, Inc. and Florida Federation
of Garden Clubs, Inc.
* Cooperating with other organizations, institutions and governmental agencies in furthering our
As a club we support organizations such as Habitat for Humanity, the Sensory Garden at the Lighthouse for the Blind, and an extensive youth education program which culminates in camperships to FFGC’s environmental camp in Central Florida. We are also partners with the State Park in various events throughout the year.
No matter what your specific interests are -- please join us for one of our General Meetings which are held on the 2nd Friday of every month at the Glenn F. Bates Garden Center (expect for the April meeting which is held on Thursday, April 9th, 2015 at 7:00 P.M. and the March meeting which is held on the first Friday -- the 6th) on the grounds of Hugh Taylor Birch State Park at 10:00 A.M. There is no charge for these meetings.
Our General Meetings this year range from "The Amazing Honeybee" where Al Salopek of Wellington, Fl. will bring a buzzing hive and have his delicious honey for sale to "The State of the Tree Canopy in Fort Lauderdale and Plans for the Future" which will feature a three member panel composed of Valerie Amor, Chair of the Sustainability Advisory Board; Gene Dempsey, City of Fort Lauderdale Forester; and Kimberly Pearson, City of Fort Lauderdale Chief Landscape Plans Examiner. This is just a sampling of our programs for 2014-2015 FLGC year. Please browse our website to learn more about Fort Lauderdale Garden Club.
I hope that you will be able to attend our 2015 “Secret Garden Tour” on Saturday, February 21, 2015. It promises to be one of the “hottest” tickets in South Florida. We will have Membership information at the “Secret Garden Tour.” Please stop by and learn more about what we do in the community.
I look forward to meeting you at our first meeting of the year on Friday, October 10, 2014. Make sure and mark your calendar!!
Tamara Pope, President
Fort Lauderdale Garden Club, Inc.
Glenn F. Bates Garden Center
Hugh Taylor Birch State Park
3109 East Sunrise Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33304-3313
Mailing: P.O. Box 4114, Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33338-4114